High-efficiency, high torque highways are heaven for this hybrid. The 2014 Lexus CT 200h looks and drives like no other luxury vehicle. It has a remarkable EPA-estimated 42 mpg combined fuel economy rating. Since its introduction, this premium machine has exceeded expectations for a high-efficiency luxury car by bringing an agile, sporty spirit into the mix. The high-torque hybrid powertrain combined with low vehicle weight and sport-tuned suspension make the CT 200h a true “driver’s hybrid.”
Taking the role of the brand’s entry model, the CT 200h delivers hallmark Lexus comfort, refinement and workmanship. It is also a practical car, with a versatile interior layout and five-door access. Inheriting the brand’s dramatic signature spindle grille and other sporty design touches for 2014, the CT 200h also offers an advanced, easy-to-use new multimedia system.
One of five hybrid vehicles offered by Lexus – the most of any luxury brand – the CT 200h exemplifies the vehicle diversity and versatility possible with Hybrid Synergy Drive technology. The stellar EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings draw immediate attention from customers looking for a progressive, environmental luxury vehicle. The 43-mpgcity rating and 40-mpghighway ratings stand with a 42-mpgcombined rating as among the best in the luxury hybrid category. That the CT 200h delivers its optimal performance and efficiency using regular-grade gasoline further underscores the excellent value this model delivers.
Four-Mode Hybrid Performance
A full parallel hybrid, the CT 200h blends the power of a 1.8-liter gasoline engine with an electric motor through an electronic continuously variable transmission. The total system output of 134 horsepower, combined with instant torque produced by the electric drive motor and the E-CVT’s ability to quickly find the optimal gear ratio, give the CT 200h responsive performance ideal for an everyday vehicle – with an emphasis on driving enjoyment. A second motor in the hybrid system serves as both engine starter and generator to charge the hybrid battery pack.
Under certain conditions, the CT 200h can be driven in quiet EV mode, which allows it to drive short distances at low speeds with zero tailpipe emissions. It’s ideal for running a quick local errand or scouting for a parking space in a crowded lot or garage.
The EV mode is one of four choices from the Drive-Mode selector, which also lets the driver choose from among Normal, Sport and Eco modes. Normal mode provides the best all-around mix of performance and efficiency, with a linear and naturally progressive power buildup. Selecting Sport mode invigorates driving feel, yielding crisper throttle response and a tighter feel through the Electronic Power Steering. “Hyper-milers” will appreciate Eco mode, which adjusts throttle response and climate control settings to prioritize fuel economy.
A four-wheel independent suspension, with a double-wishbone rear configuration, delivers on the sporty driving character promised by the bold exterior design. Special lightweight suspension components, along with 17-inch light alloy wheels and optimized vehicle weight, help endow the Lexus CT 200h with exceptional agility. The CT 200h F SPORT model further sharpens both handling and styling. The grille gets an exclusive mesh pattern, and the rear spoiler design is new. Sport-tuned suspension makes curves seem even more inviting, and, new for 2014, the package’s 17-inch wheels show off a new split five-spoke design with a two-tone machined graphite finish. The sporty demeanor carries inside for the F SPORT, where the enthusiast driver grips a perforated leather steering wheel and shift knob.
A decidedly performance-focused cockpit in the CT 200h presents bolstered front seats, a wide-grip steering wheel and triple-dial instrument gauge panel. The driver gets a standard 10-way power seat. Dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth®, Smart Access with push-button start/stop and a premium audio system with USB/iPod® connection all come standard. The standard safety technology, which includes eight airbags, can be augmented with an available Pre-Collision system.
Advanced, Intuitive New Multimedia
The available center screen now features, a new thinner, fixed design. For vehicles equipped with the optional navigation system, it can bedivided into three sections, customizable by the user. The screen can be configured as a single display (navigation/map), dual display (navigation/map + audio, compass or other function) or three displays on the same screen (navigation/map + audio + weather).
With the available Display Audio and navigation system, HD Radio™ offers an array of services subscription free when driving within HD Radio range including basic traffic maps and weather forecasts. Add the navigation system, and the CT 200h delivers full and predictive traffic updates, Doppler radar and weather forecasts.
Also with optional navigation, the CT 200h comes equipped with Lexus Enform® and the App Suite. With your smartphone paired via Bluetooth wireless or the USB connection, Enform provides access to the subscription-free Lexus App Suite. These voice-enabled apps let you search the Internet through Bing™, make restaurant reservations through OpenTable®, get movie tickets via MovieTickets.com™, tap into internet radio, including Pandora® or iHeartRadio™, search business reviews on Yelp®and check in on Facebook Places™.
With the available Display Audio option, the CT 200h steps up to the next-generation Remote Touch Control with one-push confirmation for smooth, intuitive operation of climate, audio, phone, optional navigation system and more. The included rear back-up camera gains dynamic gridlines for 2014. These help the driver guide the CT 200h into a parking space, or maneuver in tight confines, such as a parking garage, when reversing.
Sustainable – for the Long Haul
The Lexus CT 200h applies the concept of sustainability not just in its ultra-efficient hybrid powertrain, but also in its innovative use of sustainable and environmentally progressive materials. For example, the standard NuLuxe interior trim looks and feels like quality leather, yet its manufacturing process emits 65 percent less CO2than processing leather, and it contains little or novolatile organiccompounds (VOCs).
The audio speaker diaphragmsare made from bamboo, one of the fastest growing plants on Earth, and also a boon to sound quality. Some interior trim is also made from bamboo, and Ecological Plastics with 30 percent plant-based Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) materials are used for the floor mats, deck side and deck board trim. The CT 200h is crafted to be 90-percent recyclable and is designed to be easily dismantled. Recycle marks have been placed on the front, rear and tailgate trim to facilitate optimum recycling.
New for 2014
- New front-end design with spindle grille, LED daytime running lights and optional LED headlamps and fog lamps
- New front bumper with revised tow hook covers
- 17-inch split five-spoke wheels with new design; with two-tone graphite machined finish for F SPORT
- Revised fog lamp surround (mesh design on F SPORT)
- New rear bumper, reflectors and diffuser
- Aero-stabilizing fins added to tail lamps and side mirrors
- Larger rear spoiler (+3 cm); unique spoiler with cutouts for F SPORT
- LED lighting for rear license plate
- Shark fin antenna replaces post antenna
- Solid black roof on F SPORT
Optional New multimedia and user technology:
- Thinner, fixed Navigation and Display Audio screen with triple-display capability
- Display Audio adds Remote Touch Controller (dial)
- Second generation Remote Touch Interface (RTI) for Navigation
- Backup camera adds dynamic gridlines
- Enhanced audio quality (six and 10 speaker systems)
New luxury details:
- Redesigned steering wheel and controls
- Gear shift redesigned, leather trim added (perforated leather trim for F SPORT model)
- Sliding driver and passenger sun visors
- Auto cut-off added to cabin illumination
- Improved cabin air filter
- Metal front scuff plates with “LEXUS” logo
- Metallic accents added to center console
- Premium Package – rain-sensing wipers added
- MacPherson strut front suspension system and a fully independent double-wishbone rear suspension.
- A unique lateral performance damper system absorbs and minimizes body vibrations to offer a more linear steering feel and further enhanced ride comfort.
- The CT 200h braking system is augmented by regenerative braking that helps recharge the hybrid battery pack and help enhance fuel economy ratings.
- Standard 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels are equipped with P215/45 R17 all-season tires.
- Standard eight-airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) with dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags and knee airbags, side curtain airbags, and front seat-mounted side airbags.
- Optional Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) designed to help reduce collision damage with a front-mounted radar sensor devised to detect certain obstacles in front of the car. DRCC uses millimeter-wave radar to measure and help maintain a pre-set distance from a vehicle traveling ahead.
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support and four-way manual-adjustable front passenger seat.
- The standard six-speaker audio system features the world’s first automotive speakers constructed with sustainable bamboo and resin.
- Voice recognition and Bluetooth technology hands-free communication when paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Optional Navigation Package includes HDD navigation system, back-up camera with dynamic grid lines, and voice command. Also features Bluetooth hands free phone, phone book download capability, and Lexus’ exclusive Remote Touch controller with user-adjustable haptic feedback. Includes App Suite and HD Radio with iTunes®tagging,10 speakers and a second USB connection.
- Display Audio Package includes the Lexus premium audio system with 10-speakers, backup camera with dynamic grid lines, second USB connection, and Remote Touch Control. Premium Package includes rain sensing variable intermittent wipers, HomeLink, electrochromic rear view mirror, four-way power passenger seat, heated front seats.
- Luxury Package includes leather seats, driver seat memory, rain sensing variable intermittent wipers, HomeLink, electrochromic inside rear view mirror, electrochromic exterior mirror with reverse tilt and memory, four-way power passenger seat, heated front seats
- LED headlights with dynamic auto-leveling, headlamp cleaners and LED fog lamps
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) rearview mirror with backup camera and compass
- Intuitive Parking Assist helps the driver detect obstacles at the front, rear and corners of the vehicle and helps guide the CT into the garage or parking spaces.
- Seat Comfort Package: Heated front seats and four-way power passenger seat.
F SPORT Package
- New solid black roof
- Combines F SPORT-tuned suspension and 17-inch wheels with two-tone graphite machined finish
- Spindle grille with mesh inserts, unique metal front scuff plates, a perforated leather steering wheel with F SPORT badge, leather shift knob, aluminum sport pedals and metallic trim on the dash panel, add to the sporty feel.
- Black NuLuxe trimmed seats or perforated black leather-trimmed seats with white perforation are available in the F SPORT package.
- 48-month/50,000 miles basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.
- Eight years/100,000 miles hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter.