The 2015 Ford Flex is a seven-passenger utility vehicle that offers power, efficiency, technology and driver-assist features in one stylish package.
New colors available for 2015 include Magnetic Metallic, Guard Metallic and Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat. Customers can get a two-tone roof in either Tuxedo Black Metallic and white, or Deep Impact Blue Metallic and white. Other changes for the new model year are the addition of heated mirrors as a standard feature for the SE series and an available heated steering wheel for the Limited series.
Flex comes standard with a 3.5-liter V6 engine featuring twin independent variable camshaft timing to control when the valves open and close for improved overall performance. This advanced V6 delivers 287 horsepower and 254 lb.-ft. of torque and is mated to an equally advanced six-speed SelectShift® Automatic transmission.
The available 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost® V6 engine produces 365 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque from 1,500 rpm to 5,250 rpm.
Other key features for the 2015 Flex include:
- Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch® technology, which combines the connectivity of voice commands with a full-color, 8-inch touch screen in the center stack and two 4.2-inch LCD screens in the instrument cluster. Vehicle functions, settings and information are easily accessible to the driver through voice, steering wheel controls or a simple tap
- Heated mirrors are now standard on Flex SE
- Intelligent Access with push-button start is now standard on Flex SEL
- Available active park assist uses ultrasonic sensors to locate a parallel parking space. Once a spot is identified, the system steers Flex into place with the driver controlling the gearshift, gas and brake pedals
- Available navigation system with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link combines GPS technology with 3D mapping and provides voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions. SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link provides detailed traffic information, plus weather forecasts, gas station locations and prices, sports scores and schedules, and theater locations with movie listings and times
- Available PowerFold® third-row seat flips and folds, allowing for a flat load floor for additional cargo space
- Second-row refrigerated console is available that can chill up to seven 12-ounce cans, four half-liter bottles or two 20-ounce bottles to 41 degrees Fahrenheit; the freeze mode drops to 23 degrees Fahrenheit
- Heated steering wheel and Intelligent Access with push-button start add to the many luxury features available for the 2015 Flex
- Available inflatable rear safety belts help to hold outboard passengers securely in place. This advanced restraint system is designed to help reduce head, neck and chest injuries for second-row outboard passengers, often children and elderly people who can be more vulnerable to such injuries
- Adaptive cruise control, collision warning with brake support, and Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with cross-traffic alert are available to help drivers avoid potential accidents. The technologies use radar to detect the relative position of other vehicles, and warn the driver with a combination of visual and audio alerts
- Intelligent all-wheel drive continuously monitors vehicle and driver input, predicts traction and automatically delivers the precise amount of engine torque needed to all four wheels – even before slippage occurs. All-wheel drive is available with the 3.5-liter Ti-VCT V6 engine and is standard on the optional 3.5-liter EcoBoost
- Available Torque Vectoring Control uses the vehicle’s brakes to imitate the effect of a limited-slip differential, constantly balancing the distribution of engine torque between the front wheels during cornering, resulting in improved grip and steering response and a reduced chance of understeer
- Curve Control senses when the vehicle is entering a curve too quickly, and can apply four-wheel smart braking to reduce vehicle speed by up to 10 mph in approximately one second and help drivers follow their intended path
- MSRP: TBD plus $895 destination and delivery
- Production location: Oakville Assembly Complex, Oakville, Ontario