Since its debut in 2012 as the new face of Ford, Fusion has gone on to set regular monthly sales records. 2014 is on pace to be the strongest year yet for the brand.
Fusion has been acclaimed as a design leader in the midsize sedan segment right from the start. Its numerous distinctions include Autoweek magazine’s Best in Show award at the 2012 North American International Auto Show and EyesOn Design honors for design excellence in a production vehicle.
Ford continues to improve and refine Fusion for 2015, with many new standard and available features throughout:
- Terracotta package available on Fusion SE and Fusion Titanium includes:
- Terracotta leather-trimmed seats
- Terracotta door inserts
- premium floor mats
- 18-inch painted and machined alloy wheels
- New six-way power adjustable passenger seat is standard on Fusion SE
- New ten-way power adjustable passenger seat is standard on Fusion Titanium
- All-wheel-drive is available with 2.0-liter EcoBoost on Fusion SE Appearance and Fusion SE Luxury package
- Rearview camera standard
- 16-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheel standard on Fusion S, replacing steel wheels with wheel covers
- Four new exterior colors2015 – Bronze Fire Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, Guard, Tectonic and Magnetic
- Configurable daytime running lamps standard
Fusion remains one of the most technologically advanced cars in the segment offering an array of available driver-assist features including adaptive cruise control with forward collision warning, Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert, active park assist and lane-keeping system. The previously optional rear view camera is now standard equipment.
Power of choice
Fusion is available with a choice of seven outstanding powertrains including two turbocharged and direct-injected EcoBoost® engines, a naturally aspirated 2.5L engine, a hybrid electric and a plug-in hybrid in Fusion Energi plus available Auto Start-Stop and all-wheel-drive.
“EcoBoost is a technology that’s really resonating with customers around the world and especially in the United States,” said Samantha Hoyt, Fusion marketing manager. “Nearly half of Fusion customers are now choosing fuel-efficient EcoBoost engines.”
After debuting in 2014, the 1.5-liter EcoBoost continues at the heart of the Fusion engine lineup, featuring turbocharging, direct gasoline injection and twin independent variable camshaft timing. The 1.5-liter includes several design features that debuted on the award-winning 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine now available in Fiesta and coming to the 2015 Focus.
Fusion has been widely praised by reviewers and customers for its outstanding driving dynamics including an excellent balance between ride quality and handling, as well as its exceptional steering feel. Driving is all about moving forward, and Ford is continuously working to make the driving experience better for its customers.
Fusion is produced at Ford’s Hermosillo, Mexico, manufacturing facility and at Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Flat Rock, Mich.