Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals and Harris Victoria Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Dealership are proud to announce that Laurie Stossel has been awarded a 2013 Dodge Dart when the Royals’ Ben Walker scored the Harris Dodge Golden Goal last Friday night versus Kamloops.
The Harris Dodge Golden Goal promotion sees a fan’s ballot drawn prior to the beginning of the game. The second part of the promotion requires the Royals to score with exactly four minutes remaining in the second period. This feat was accomplished when Victoria forward Ben Walker fired the puck in last Friday night.
“I didn’t believe it,” Stossel said on winning the 2013 Dodge Dart, “I was still waiting for the other shoe to drop. My husband and I knew right away when the goal was scored, but I think he was more excited than I was.”
The Harris Auto Group has been serving the residents of Vancouver Island for over 30 years and is currently in their second year of partnership with the Royals.
“We are thrilled that the Royals scored the Golden Goal that allowed Laurie Stossel to win a new Dodge Dart,” said Dave Meyerink General Manager of Harris Victoria Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM. “The scoring of the Golden Goal has generated a lot of excitement for our employees, and Harris Auto Group is happy that the promotion was a success and is hoping to continue on with the Golden Goal in the future.”
“We would like to congratulate Laurie on winning the Dodge Dart,” Royals’ Sr. VP of Sales and Marketing Darren Parker said. “This has been a fantastic partnership with Harris Victoria Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM and we are very excited that Laurie was able to win this amazing prize.”
Take part in all of the Royals’ contests and prize opportunities at the club’s next home game on Tuesday, December 3rd when Victoria hosts projected 2014 first overall NHL Draft pick Sam Reinhart and the Kootenay Ice! Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
Give the gift of hockey this holiday season by purchasing a Royals Holiday Combo or an Island Savings Kids Club membership! The Holiday Combo, available for $60, includes four anytime ticket vouchers and a gift. Kids Club memberships, for fans 12 years and younger, are available for only $20 and include four child tickets, a t-shirt, newsletters from Marty the Marmot and much more!
Western Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2013
- Oil Kings Squeeze Past Hurricanes – Edmonton Oil Kings
- Pats lose to Prince Albert 6-7 in OT – Regina Pats
- Hitmen win over Broncos – Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Sign Keith Anderson – Victoria Royals
- Pats Present “Seats for Kids” Program – Regina Pats
- WHL this Week – WHL
- Royals Harris Victoria Dodge Giveaway 2013 Dodge Dart – Victoria Royals
- Blazers Host Rockets – Kamloops Blazers
- Dates for 2014 T-Birds Hockey School Set – Seattle Thunderbirds
- Kehler Called up with Blazers – Kamloops Blazers
- Coming Soon – New Wheat Kings Team Store – Brandon Wheat Kings
- Goaltender Cole Kehler Called up to Blazers – Kamloops Blazers
- Game Day Preview: Pats vs. Prince Albert – Regina Pats
- Team WHL Clinches Subway Super Series with 4-2 Win – WHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.